Food & Supplies
Did you know that US residents throw away about 100 billion pounds of food every year – nearly 3,000 pounds per second, enough to feed 60 million people? And, sadly we have individuals and families in our community who go hungry. Make a commitment now and help us address this problem.
Food is needed all year long. Without the basic ingredients we would be unable to cook and serve hot meals. That is why in order to continue feeding the hungry; we will purchase food ingredients when necessary. While we are grateful to many agencies and businesses for their contributions, the reality is that it is not enough to satisfy the increasing demand. That is why we must rely on the generous contributions of members in our community.
Consider donating food……
A good rule of thumb when considering making a food donation is to ask yourself if you would eat it, feed it to your children, or serve it to your Mom. If your answer is yes –please know we will gladly accept it with a grateful heart and open arms.
All food and supplies can be dropped off at The Soup Kitchen at 8645 W. Boynton Beach Blvd. between 7am and 1pm Monday through Saturday. For larger donations (such as a food drive) please contact us to arrange a delivery.
Please note: Only sealed foods can be accepted.
We need all types of non-perishable foods:
- Bottled water
- Canned beans of any variety
- Canned tomatoes and tomato paste
- Canned tuna, salmon, sausage, chicken
- Canned vegetables, fruits and soups
- Cooking oils: vegetable, canola, olive
- Dry Cereal
- Evaporated milk
- Instant potatoes
- Jelly – small jars
- Non dairy creamer
- Peanut butter – small jars
- Powdered milk
- Milk (Long life containers – small)
- Spaghetti sauce – small jars
- Spices: salt, oregano, basil, black pepper, coriander, garlic powder/salt, bay leaves, paprika, cumin, dill weed, chili powder, chopped garlic, etc.
The following items are in high demand:
- Baby Food
- Baby Wipes
- Baby Shampoo
CHILDRENS’ ART SUPPLIES
- Colored paper and cardstock
- Coloring books for children
- Combs and brushes
- Disposable razors
- Shampoos and conditioners
- Soap – regular and antibacterial
- Towels – bath size
- Copy paper
- Gas station gift cards ($25 or less)
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
We welcome volunteer efforts of critical service providers such as: Plumbers, Electricians, Dietitians and Job Placement specialists.